Azure Cloud Services
Team INNOVA is a Tier-1 Microsoft Direct Gold CSP Partner that provides a full spectrum of Azure Cloud services.
Our industry experts include ex-Microsoft employees, MVPs and MCMs on staff that lead our large scale client engagements and have successfully deployed many Microsoft cloud migrations. We understand that the journey to the cloud can be quite complicated and a feeling of being lost in the Microsoft sea of information. Don’t worry, we can help you.
So, you are considering cloud but don’t know where to start? Or are you ready to migrate? INNOVA has proven tool sets and practices that can help you make the right decisions. We divide our engagement into the following phases:
Your Current Network Assessment
INNOVA strongly recommends executing an assessment of your current network, software, applications, and users to plan for a better cloud. The typical timeline for an assessment is less than 2 weeks, and we recommend the following.
- Is Cloud really the right option for you?
- Which Cloud offering is best suited for your needs?
- Is a Hybrid Cloud the best or should you consider moving all workloads to the cloud?
- What can you expect for the cost of Cloud consumption?
- What other options do you have for selected workloads besides cloud or on-premise?
- A complete datasheet with pricing options for each workload that the assessment tool identified during the 2 weeks run.
- Complete TCO (Total Cost-of-Ownership)
- Redeploy the app to a different hardware environment
- Change the app’s infrastructure configuration
- This is the simplest replatforming mode
- Similar to deploying a Java application server on a Linux x86 server instead of Solaris SPARC-based server
- Running apps (usually web applications) on cloud provider’s infrastructure
- Make code / configuration changes to connect the app to new infra services
- Necessary changes vary from none to widespread code change to invoke new APIs – relink/recode is backward-compatible, existing programming models, languages / frameworks can be used / extended
- Similar to linking in a new database driver, identity management system, or authentication module; also similar to moving a Java EE application from IBM Websphere to Red Hat Jboss (same type of container, some variance in frameworks and configuration)
- Modify or extend the existing codebase to support legacy modernization requirements, then use rehost or refactor options to deploy to cloud
- Scale of changes encompasses major revisions to add new functionality or rearchitect the application for the cloud
- Similar to app modernization activities where the end goal is to replatform the legacy app (to the cloud)
- Discard an existing application (or set of applications) and use SaaS to satisfy business requirements
- Similar to migrating from an on-prem app to SaaS – what differentiates ‘Replace’ from SaaS all-up is data migration requirements that add replatforming complexity vs. ‘greenfield’ and/or SaaS migrations for light weight apps (eg. productivity apps like Office)
Azure migration process is very prescriptive and divided into multiple phases:
- Envision Phase: Learn about the existing environment by conducting a survey of the environment and customizations. This is covered in Azure assessment topic above.
- Planning Phase: Plan the migration approach and create the Project Plan by analysing the findings of the Envision Phase.
- Build Phase: Prepare the Existing Environment for the migration by optimizing and remediating the Existing Environment. Create non-production Azure environments. Build out IaaS, PaaS, DaaS or other services as needed.
- Stabilize Phase: Test the migration process by conducting dry-runs. Fix any issues discovered during dry-runs. Refine and document repeatable migration activities based on dry-runs.
- Deploy Phase: Build the Production Environment and install customizations. Create network and firewall policies and migrate the VMs, Applications or other workloads.
- Validation Phase: Validate that the content migrated successfully by reviewing application, machines and their performance.
Turn your ideas into solutions faster with Azure. Develop using any tool, language, or framework you want and access 100+ services with great end-to-end tools to make you successful.
Get a consistent experience, whether in the cloud or on-premises, and a comprehensive view across both environments. Azure has the broadest set of hybrid capabilities of any cloud provider.
Achieve more with a leading set of modern artificial intelligence (AI) services, tools, and enterprise-grade infrastructure that allow you to run your AI workloads from anywhere at scale. Take advantage of pre-built APIs, or build your own AI solutions easily, including custom machine learning models.
With more certifications than any other cloud provider, Azure is a trusted partner and leader in privacy, compliance, and security. Build your applications and migrate your infrastructure with peace of mind.
Azure is secure
Security is a given in the cloud industry, but Azure’s proactive approach to security, compliance, and privacy is unique. Microsoft leads the industry in establishing and consistently meeting clear security and privacy requirements.
Simplify security with built-in controls
Protect your workloads quickly with built-in controls and services in Azure across identity, data, networking, and apps. Get continuous protection with deeper insights from Azure Security Center. Extend protections to hybrid environments and easily integrate partner solutions in Azure. Find out more about security best practices, contact INNOVA today.
Start with a secure foundation
Take advantage of multi-layered security provided by Microsoft across physical datacenters, infrastructure, and operations in Azure. Gain from the state-of-art security delivered in Azure data centers globally. Rely on a cloud that is built with customized hardware, has security controls integrated into the hardware and firmware components, and added protections against threats such as DDoS. Benefit from a team of more than 3,500 global cybersecurity experts that work together to help safeguard your business assets and data in Azure.
Detect threats early with unique intelligence
Identify new threats and respond quickly with services that are informed by real-time global cybersecurity intelligence delivered at cloud scale. These actionable insights are developed by analyzing vast sources including 18 billion Bing web pages, 400 billion emails, 1 billion Windows device updates, and 450 billion monthly authentications. Using machine learning, behavioral analytics, and application-based intelligence, Microsoft data scientists analyze the flood of data in the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph. The resulting insights inform services in Azure and help you detect threats faster.
Unify security management and enable advanced threat protection across hybrid cloud workloads
Build secure, scalable, and highly available web front ends in Azure
Azure Active Directory
Synchronize on-premises directories and enable single sign-on
Azure DDoS Protection
Protect your applications from Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks
Safeguard and maintain control of keys and other secrets
Azure Information Protection
Better protect your sensitive information—anytime, anywhere
Why migrate to Azure?
Please complete this form to contact our team to learn more about our Azure Cloud Services.
Main Line: (913) 353-1400
Toll-Free: (877) 461-4669
13220 Metcalf Ave.
Overland Park, KS 66213